Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cookbooks

Okay, I have a penchant for cookbooks anyway but I made the mistake of watching "Julie and Julia". Now I MUST have "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".  Even if all I do is read it, I must have it!   I have never really desired to cook anything French except French bread but now I must have the book.  MUST is the theme here.  So what do I cook instead today since I don't have said book?  A giant brownie cupcake with cream cheese icing.  Not at all French but I had a new pan and I wanted to check it out.  Thus books and cooking collide in a very weird way.  Cooking is a peaceful thing to do even when it isn't fancy--as long as you have time. BTW, I did place a bid for said book. :)  Wish me luck!  Let you know in 4 days if it is mine!  Then I think I will find that beef dish she cooked in the movie and try my hand at that.

No comments: