Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Human .4

Finished Human .4 by Mike A. Lancaster.  It was another galley print. I think this one is meant to be scary.  Perhaps for preteens it is.  The story had an interesting plot line.  The human race is being upgraded. Kyle Straker and a few others have missed the upgrade.  Told from recorded diaries (recorded on old audio tapes), Kyle tells the story of his and others existence. It moved quickly but I really didn't get pulled into the story.  A lot of holes in the story and places of missed information.  I felt like it had a "hurried up" ending. I gave it a C+ rating in my shelfari review.  It could be a good boy book. Perhaps a 5th or 6th grade audience would love it. I would like to hear from anyone else who read this book and what they thought.  Still working on what to read next.  As always there is a pile by my bed, one in my backpack and several sitting on the old iPad waiting for a verdict. :)  Happy readings.

No comments: