Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I just read

Just finished reading the galleys of the following:

Enclave by Ann Agguire
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar

With Enclave, I hated the cover that was on my paper edition although the hardback edition looks great!  I almost didn't read it just because of the cover.  I was lucky enough to have an audio recording of the first 2 chapters of the book and that got me hooked to read more. Although I did like this book as much as other dystopian literature it is worth the read.  I did not love this book like the "Hunger Game" Series.  Still gave me nightmares--but it doesn't take much to do that. :)

Ruby Red---AWESOME! Really, nice surprise and something new.  Sorta a "Time Traveler's Wife" for teens.  Anxious to see the next installment in English.  A favorite in this genre.

Pearl in the Sand a step out of my normal genre I read.  Although I do read a lot of historical fiction I generally don't pick up Christian fiction.  I will be looking for more by this author.  She has made Biblical characters very real and enjoyable to read.

Still reading:
A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park

I love the way Linda Sue Park writes.  I predict this one has some awards coming its way.  Again not a normal genre I would read but it was so good.  Historical/realistic fiction on Sudan. very timely after the new elections there.  Just from what little I have read, I would recommend it!

That is the latest.  Hope to keep this up.  If you cross my blog about books or ramblings about books please feel free to respond.  Happy reading!

No comments: