Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

Now don't get me wrong, this book had its moments and it was the moments that got me to read the whole book.  I love the premise but I just felt that I was reading a bad teen love story.  Wait a minute, I did and it was.  The basis for the story is a revamp of Tristan and Isolde love story only now they are in high school.  It is like Buffy the Vampire Slayer (in this case Isolde is a witch) meets Conan the Barbarian (Tristan is the hero from the magical realm).  Other books in this genre do very well.  I did not enjoy this one.  At times it flowed well and was quite believable and others.......well I will just not say anything.  If you have nothing but time on your hands perhaps read this otherwise read something else!

No comments: